Hi. I’m Wesley. I like to write. This is my blog.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

throat tickle, football, gladness, tiredness, sleep

Exhausted, but determined to write, so this will be a short diary-ish entry.

1) Worked my last coffeeshop shift today. Hurrah. (And then at the very very end of the shift, right before we set the alarm and walked out into the night, found out that the manager had scheduled me for NEXT Sat and Sun too. But I ain't doin it. No way uh-uh no way. Already called and left a message. Will call again tomorrow. Will send my dog to work for me if I have to. But I need, and I am taking, that time.)

2) I am coughing and sneezing, and that is not a good thing. I refuse to get sick. I will be sleeping very soon.

3) New Orleans Saints. I love them. Wow. Like kind of a lot. Normally I care not at all about football, but I watched the Superbowl kinda by accident and I think I am a Saints convert for life.

4) The Who, by contrast, were stilted and disappointing. And seemed just kinda wrong for the event. Roger Daltrey seemed tired and looked like Gene Wilder. Pete Townshend can still do that windmill-arm guitar thing, but the resulting paunch exposure was an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction. I loved them in junior high (and they were old then) - but I kinda think they need to retire.

5) Had a talk with a friend that confirmed we are friends, still, indeed. Gladness, relief.

6) I move in 12 days, and must have all my shazizzle sold, sorted, and packed in 10. (Holy CRAP.)

7) And so: to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment