Hi. I’m Wesley. I like to write. This is my blog.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Peonies

My friend E had a whole big beautiful bunch, pink ones dotted with clusters of tiny green flowers. She passed them on to me because they'll just wilt while she's on her vacation. Besides, somebody else gave her another bouquet last week, so she's good.

Now they sit on my rough wood coffee table awaiting my roommate's delight.

I hope she'll like them.

It's later than I meant it to be. But good Thai food, and wine, and a long talk with E, were all worth the lost sleep.

I've felt the charge of nighttime Manhattan three nights in a row this week. I like it: that sense of In The Midst, the push of buildings, the sense of hidden life around and inside every corner. But: I still like returning to this Brooklyn quiet, to the breeze in the trees, to these stalwart churches,  to the broader night sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment